Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thursday Nights In Boca Raton

Compliments of www.yelp.com and "Gary S." - author of this hysterical review on Bova Restaurant, Boca Raton, FL.

"Gary S" is an avid and highly entertaining restaurant review critic on Yelp. His comments on a place called Bova - a place that caters to singles on Thursday nights, follows: "I know what I like, and I know what sucks." (I included it here for pure entertainment value...) Ok Gary S, take it away!!

"This place helped me understand suicide bombers!

"In my 11 years of living in this circus town I have now been to the epicenter of hell. The desperation of the newly divorced women has reached biblical proportion here. The competition between the self called M.I.L.F.'s and evil X-wives suburbia club is epic. These diligent competitors will stand outside to watch what kind of car that another girl has. If that woman speaks to an eligible man (or married man who lies) the wicked outsider will come by and mock the girl to her face and try and shame her away telling all about her dated Honda with the dent in the fender.

"I had 3 women ask me if I was married. I had 2 women ask me what kind of car I have, and I had 6 ask me what I did for a living. The women here do not have conversations, they give depositions. Side note I am not tat popular normally.

"I have seen very nice women I know pack them self into an old outfit that is a few sizes to small and definitely not age appropriate. I am not a prude but this place will make the most seasoned S. Floridian quiver. This place was a total rodeo for me and my friends. We tried to see how long we could stay until we felt like we needed a hot bath.

"It is nice to see the Jack La Lane impersonators too. Men in the 60 plus age group with the same costume you would see on the guys from the red hot chili peppers. Fresh wrinkle free faces but they did not get the neck lift to go with the face lift. (Think male Joan Rivers with the Frank Purdue neck on a Lou Ferrigno like body. (This is what the local soccer moms fight over.) Hey Gramps nice True Religion jeans and Ed Hardy shirt. Did you get that at the X-Games while you were drinking your HGH and Red Bull Martini?

"The place is very nice and the bar is jammed. If you like this kind of scene you will love this place.

"If you are a comedy writer you will love this place.

"If you are a newly divorced soccer mom with your old acid washed jeans and Barbie Doll socks. You will love this place.

"If you are an 80 year old male body builder who digs younger women who have low self esteem you will love this place.

"If you are a radical suicide bomber you will love this place.

"I see underneath it says Wheelchair accessible? That should be yes just so the men can keep going for the next few years. It also says Good for kids? I guess it is if you want your mom to marry an old guy to pay the bills and help keep up that country club lifestyle.

"I may take a field trip here with my friends to see if it is still as heinous as I remember. Any bets?"

Thanks Gary S !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment